Unhealthy habits can start to develop after many years of neglecting your body, without you ever realizing it. Look over the list carefully, and start planning for your future by putting a stop to these unhealthy habits:
10. Not setting aside time to exercise
9. Drinking your calories
8. Having too much junk food
7. Eating in front of the TV
- You are so distracted that you don't know when to stop stuffing your face and end up eating more than you actually require. How many times have you eaten an entire bag of chips or popcorn while watching a movie or sporting event without even realizing it?
- Every time you eat in front of the TV, you develop a tendency to always have something to eat while you watch. That means every time you want to watch your favorite movie or program, you're more inclined to bring something to munch on, even if you're not hungry.
6. Abnormal sleeping patterns
- Heart disease
5. Caffeine addiction
4. Ignoring your nutrition
3. Too much time in front of the TV
2. Going overboard on the alcohol
- Liver disease
- Liver cancer
- Colon cancer
- Breast cancer
- Increased risk of heart disease and stroke
- Lung cancer
- Increased risk of chronic bronchitis
- Kidney cancer
- Cancer of the larynx
- Stomach cancer
- Cancer of the uterus
- Cancer of the throat
- Oral cancer
The Bottom Line
- Not getting enough sleep creates a dependency on caffeine to function throughout the day. This leads to a caffeine addiction that can lead to sleeping disorders.
- Spending too much time in front of the TV leads to spending less time exercising. If a person enjoys eating in front of the TV, more TV time means more eating, and in most cases, the type of food being eaten is junk food.
- If a person drinks too much, they are drinking their calories. Heavy drinking is commonly associated with eating junk food, smoking and a complete disregard for proper nutrition.