EPILEPSY FOUNDATION AND EPILEPSY THERAPY PROJECT FINALIZE MERGER TO CREATE STRONG, UNIFIED ORGANIZATION TO SUPPORT PEOPLE WITH EPILEPSY
- epilepsy.com, the leading portal for people, caregivers and professionals dealing with epilepsy;
- 48 affiliated Epilepsy Foundations around the country dedicated to providing free programs and services to people living with epilepsy and their loved ones;
- Scientific, Professional and Business Advisory Boards comprised of leading epilepsy physicians, health care professionals and researchers, industry professionals and investors with experience in clinical care, as well as in the evaluation and commercialization of new therapies;
- A track record of identifying and supporting important new science, translational research programs, and the most promising new therapies;
- The Epilepsy Pipeline Conference, a leading global forum organized in partnership with the Epilepsy Study Consortium that showcases the most exciting new drugs, devices and therapies, and includes the Epilepsy Shark Tank; and
- A professional advocacy network focused on increasing epilepsy government and military funding and initiatives at the federal, state and local levels.
When a person has two or more unprovoked seizures, they have epilepsy, which affects nearly three million people in the United States and 65 million people worldwide. This year, another 200,000 people in our country will be diagnosed with epilepsy. Despite all available treatments, 30 to 40 percent of people with epilepsy continue to experience uncontrolled seizures while many more experience less than optimal seizure control.